Adults Jiu Jitsu Classes
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes revolve around grappling and ground fighting. Most of the techniques focus on taking your opponent to the ground where you work to control them and make them submit to you by ‘tapping out’. Central to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the belief that a smaller, weaker person can defeat a bigger, stronger assailant. They do this by using leverage, grip, knowledge, tactical skills and problem solving. They also apply a range of techniques such as chokeholds and joint locks. Students are ranked depending on their level of skill and experience. Beginners start as white belts before progressing to become blue, purple, brown and black belts.
We train Gi and NoGi Jiu Jitsu – Gi Jiu-Jitsu is grappling with the use of a traditional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu uniform or Gi. It allows you to grab the clothing of your opponent to control or submit them. In No Gi Jiu-Jitsu, you don’t wear the traditional uniform. Instead, you wear shorts and a t-shirt or rash guard.
Class Days & Times: View Timetable
Class Fee’s: €90 per month
THE MAIN BENEFITS OF JIU-JITSU:
- Develops strength, endurance, flexibility, coordination and Problem Solving.
- Helps lose weight and improve physical condition (strengthens muscles, develops cardiovascular and respiratory capabilities).
- Develops Confidence and Mental Toughness.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Helps improve reflexes.
- The lifestyle that accompanies the practice of Brazilian jiu-jitsu also has health benefits thanks to stretching and encourages healthy eating.